Sea Salt and Matcha Butter Cookies with Chocolate Filling
|1 Tbsp||SÁ Organic Daily Matcha or Ceremonial Matcha|
|3/4 cup||powdered sugar|
|1 cup||unsalted butter, softened|
|3 1/2 cups||flour|
|3||large egg yolks|
|1/4 cup||sea salt|
|8 oz||semi sweet chocolate chips|
|8 oz||heavy whipping cream|
For the Cookies:
- In a small bowl, whisk the powdered sugar and Matcha together until combined.
- Using an electric beater or stand mixer, beat the butter and sugar Matcha mixture together until the butter is smooth and light in color. Add flour and stir until just combined.
- Drop in the egg yolks and mix until they are incorporated and dough comes together. Gather dough into a ball and flatten into a thick disc. Wrap dough in plastic and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or until firm.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. On a floured surface, roll out dough to about 1/4-inch thickness. Use a small cookie cutter to cut shapes from the dough. Place cut shapes on a parchment lined baking sheet and sprinkle with sea salt.
- Bake cookies for 8-10 minutes or until they begin to turn golden at the edges. Remove from oven and cool on a cooling rack.Filling:
For the Filling:
- Place chocolate in a metal or glass heat-proof bowl.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, bring cream to a near boil.
- Pour hot cream over the chocolate and stir until all the chocolate is melted. Allow chocolate mixture to cool and whip with an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Use a small spatula to spread about two teaspoons of chocolate filling onto on