Linguini & Tomatoes with Matcha Cheezy Cashew Cream Sauce
|2 Tbsp||SÁ Organic Daily Matcha or Ceremonial Matcha|
|6||garlic cloves, minced|
|2||pints cherry tomatoes, halved|
|12||basil leaves, chiffonade|
|2 cups||raw unsalted cashews (soaked 2 hours)|
|1/3 cup||nutritional yeast|
|1||bunch green onions, finely chopped, including most of the green tops|
|1/4 cup||extra virgin live oil|
|1 Tbsp||freshly squeezed lemon juice|
|1-16 oz.||package of linguini|
|sea salt and freshly ground black pepper|
- Heat 6 quarts water to boiling. Add pasta and 1 tsp. salt. Boil pasta for 9-12 minutes until al dente. During this time, prepare sauce.
- Drain cashews and add to blender with 2 tablespoons water. Process until smooth. Add more water 1 tablespoon at a time if needed.
- Heat olive oil in large skillet on medium heat. Add tomato halves, green onions, and garlic. Sauté for about 2 minutes until tomatoes are slightly soft.
- Add Matcha, nutritional yeast, and lemon juice to cashew puree. Mix well. Add salt and pepper to taste. More water may be added if the consistency seems too thick.
- Drain and add pasta to mixture in skillet and stir well to mix all ingredients. Add about half the basil and stir in. Sprinkle remaining basil on top before serving.